Creating the main project
In this tutorial, we describe the process of creating the maven project of the traffic simulation system.
- To create the maven project, open the Eclipse IDE. Then from the menu choose File > New > Project > Maven Project. Select “Maven Project” then press “Next”. The following figure illustrates creating a maven project in Eclipse.
- Check the box “Create a simple project (skip archetype selection)” and press next. You could also uncheck the box “Use default Workspace location” to choose where you want to store this project.
- Enter the “Group Id” that uniquely identifies your project. The “Group Id” is written as a domain URL controlled by your group.
- Enter the “Artifact Id” that identifies your application. For instance, in our case, we set the “Artifact Id” to be “traffic” as we are implementing a traffic simulator.
- Set the Maven project “Version” number as required.
- Set the project “Packaging” option to “pom”.
- Enter the project “Name” and “Description” as desired.
The following figure illustrates our “traffic” project configuration.