Requirements for DIVAs4
The following software is required to work on DIVAs 4:
- Java SE Development Kit 8
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers with Maven support. In this tutorial, we will be using Eclipse MARS – Release (4.5.1).
Any recent version of Eclipse should work as well.
Download the Java SE Development Kit 8
The Java JDK for the DIVAs 4 framework can be downloaded from the Oracle website.
- Go to the following link:
Java SE Development Kit 8
- Download the correct JDK for your system and install.
- In eclipse, Go to Windows > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs > Add > Standard VM > Next. A new window should appear as follows:
- Click on Directory and navigate to where you installed the Java JDK. Make sure you select the “jdk” folder and not the “jre”. Then click “Finish”.
- IMake sure to check the box beside the installed JRE name as in the following figure:
- Press “OK” and wait for Eclipse to finish “Building workspace”.
Configuring the Eclipse environment
The DIVAs 4 framework makes use of a set of external Java libraries. In addition, a wide variety of 3D models are used by the DIVAs’ 3D visualizer. In order to compile any application built using DIVAs, it is necessary to download these libraries and models then you must link them to your application as follows: